NETWORK MANAGEMENT POLICIES
“Interstate Communications” is committed to providing broadband access service based on network management policies that protect and empower our broadband access customers, and maximize the benefits of the Internet experience for all customers.
II. General Policies
A. Interstate Communications will provide connections and transport services to the public Internet to customers and will manage its network and provide access in accordance with the Federal Communications Commission’s (FCC’s) Open Internet Rules (adopted December 21, 2010) and in compliance with any future Internet policies or rules adopted by the FCC.
B. To ensure Open Access to the Broadband Internet, Interstate Communications will not unjustly or unreasonably:
• Block, interfere with or degrade an end user’s ability to access, use, send, post, receive, or offer lawful content (including fair use), applications, or services of the user’s choice;
• Block, interfere with or degrade an end user’s ability to connect and use the end user’s choice of legal devices that do not harm the network;
• Prevent or interfere with competition among network, application, service or content providers;
• Engage in discrimination against any lawful Internet content, application, service or service provider with respect to network management practices, network performance characteristics, or commercial terms and conditions;
• Give preference to affiliated content, applications, or services with respect to network management practices, network performance characteristics, or commercial terms and conditions;
C. Applicable Laws
• Interstate Communications complies with the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitations Act, a portion of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act that allows Internet service providers to remove or disconnect customer access to copyright infringing material;
• Interstate Communications complies with all other applicable laws and regulations, including the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
D. Network Security and Congestion Management Policies For the safety and privacy of our access customers and with respect for all customers, Interstate Communications:
• Follows standard best efforts for Internet delivery with respect to allocation of capacity without differentiation among applications, providers, or sources; uses generally accepted technical measures such as application-neutral bandwidth allocation, as well as measures to address service attacks, illegal content and other harmful activities to protect network integrity and reliability to provide acceptable service levels to all customers.
• Reserves the right to prioritize traffic based on real time and non-real time applications during heavy congestion periods based on generally accepted technical measures.
III. Pricing and Terms and Conditions of Service
• Terms and Conditions
• Truro, St. Charles & St. Marys Pricing
• Emerson, Henderson & Imogene Pricing
IV. Performance Characteristics
Please click on the following website link(s) for a general description of Interstate Communications service, including the service technology, expected and actual access speed and latency, and the suitability of the service for real-time applications:
Interstate Communications provides Internet access using the following: Performance Characteristics
Interstate Communications offers a speed test site to any user or customer. It can be accessed here:INS Speed Test
Contact Us: Questions, Comments, Concerns
If you have any questions about Interstate Communications Network Management Policies, you may contact us by calling our business office at 641-765-4201 or writing to us at Interstate Communications – PO Box 229, Truro, IA 50257, or come by our business offices at 105 N. West St. Truro, IA 50257 or 404 Howland Street, Emerson, IA 51533 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Last Updated November 17, 2011